Thursday, February 3, 2011

Smallish things that make a day ...a good day.

Acorn tops.So small.so valu-less.I am sure if I did some research on them they probably do have value in the process of the growing seed - in the end they just lie there on the side walk-so vulnerable and crunchy.That's the part I like -CRUNCHY! 
There is something about that c-r-u-n-n-c-h under my sneaker ...it's probably the same thrill that people get from bubble wrap .My opinion is this is better! Let me explain why. I am walking along at a good pace(this is exercise you know!) when I spot an acorn top over to my right .I have to decide am I going to veer over change my stepping pattern for the sheer joy of the c-r-u-n-c-h or do I keep my steady pace? See, this decision must be made in a split second. Of course,I choose to misstep.Sometimes,  when  I am passing under an oak tree and there are acorn lids scattered to my right to my left and straight in front of me I surely appear as though I had indulged in a drink that burns the throat and causes the mind to go tipsy .At any rate,the delight I get from the crunch is oh so satisfying.

The smallest things that make a day! I know the acorn crunching thrill is really small and not sure that that actually changes my day from bad to good but you know...it's fun ! I 've thinking about making a list of a few of my " things that make my day". I wonder how many I could come up with?


To start:


  • SLEEPING TILL IM DONE
  • COFFEE "OUT"
  • MESSAGES IN MY FACEBOOK INBOX
  • A GOOD LAUGH (I may not have thought of this one but yesterday I was with a friend who is 86 and we shared a throw back your head and laugh moment!)
  • UNEXPECTED HUGS FROM MY KIDS
  • WHEN I CHECK THE LIBRARY CATALOGUE  FOR A BOOK AND IT SAYS-" FRUITVILLE LIBRARY-ON SHELF"
  • WHEN CHIP COMES HOME FOR LUNCH
 That's a start...gets me to thinking. :)

I need to choose to find the things in my day that God puts there for me to smile about and I so often miss because I simply not paying attention or I am so wrapped up in my worries that they go right by me...
I am sure there is a purpose for those acorn tops-to give a few people a tiny thrill!

No comments: