Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Action+ Love = Success

I love Valentines!
It doesn't take much to make it fun - Red and pink construction paper cut into heart shapes with little messages hand written on them.A table "dressed" nicely with pretty dishes and a tasty meal.Maybe a few candles or if you have a dimmer switch, just turn the lights low! Some chocolates and strawberry pie for dessert!


Even though 2 of our children are teens it's still fun to make it special -just toned down a bit on the construction paper hearts.When they were younger I would hang them from the lights above the table plus make place mats from from the red and pink paper... Now-just a few hearts will do.Although they don't say much I think they still kind of like it...:)


 
Two truffles and a paper heart on each plate
 


A love note to my family .........and fresh strawberry pie!






The menu was Mexican .I cheated and bought pre-made enchilada casserole from Stauffers,  side dishes of re fried beans and salad. It was tasty!
  Another thing that obviously changes when the children grow older is the conversation at the table.It's become a great interaction time.  Tonight after supper we read "The LOVE chapter",( 1 Corinthians 13) from "the Message" The discussion  after was rather interesting ....


1" If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2 If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.


Love never gives up.

Love cares more for others than for self.

Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.

Love doesn't strut,

Doesn't have a swelled head,

Doesn't force itself on others,

Isn't always "me first,"

Doesn't fly off the handle,

Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,

Doesn't revel when others grovel,

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,

Puts up with anything,

Trusts God always,

Always looks for the best,

Never looks back,

But keeps going to the end.

8-10Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompleteas will be canceled.
11When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.
12We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
13But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love."

Gives one a lot to think about and strive for.

My own valentine version of this ....

If I made my own chocolates ,bought cards and gave the most beautiful flowers without love ,it would be of no value . If I cut paper hearts, decorated with glitter and hung red streamers but didn’t love I may as well wad it up and throw it away. I could give the gift of words in the form of poetry, sing a song or say words of adoration if it was all done without love I might as well go into a cave where and holler at the top of my voice .  If I made a delicious meal of pink and red foods, jello in the shape of hearts, red punch, served this all on beautiful china in candlelight to my family without love, I may as well bang pots and pans together,sit in a hole and eat dirt.




Hope your Valentines day was a great one-remember to show love every day!

No comments: