Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day...love it!


Mothers Day.I love this day.I salute whoever came up with the great idea. I wonder how it all started?I could maybe imagine...which I love to do.
Maybe...
It was Saturday eve. the baking was done,the house was spotless,the yard pristine,laundry folded neatly in the drawers,Sunday lunch was prepped and ready, property was bought ,servants were happy...the Perfect Proverbs 31 wife was sitting on the edge of her bed and with a sigh and said " I wish there were a day when I could be perfectly lazy and everyone would dote on me and give me cards, flowers and chocolates, when I could do as I please and not feel one bit like I need to lift a finger."  Her hubby who incidentally took hints very well, decided in his mind to create a day just like that.The very first thing Monday morning he "hooked up" his horse and carriage and drove strait -a- way(I like the old fashioned term) to the county courthouse delivering a "recommendation for a holiday" letter and sent it to the president of the US of A. The rest is history!

I do love Mother's Day. I milk it for all it's worth :) I try to have "practice for Mother's Day days" but my family doesn't fall for it!

I started this year's weekend  with taking  breakfast Friday morning to my moms...
it was a beautiful day- perfect for breakfast outdoors  and sitting near her flower beds

she has a GREEN thumb- sometimes I am GREEN with  envy

Simple.Refreshing. Tasty

Dads choice: mini wheat's :)



my parents. My dads typical silly expression!

Love my mom....

they are what  make me a mom...
 My kids and hubby know that I LOVE a day at the beach.... after church and lunch at home (which I did not help prepare) we headed out to Lido Beach for the afternoon. So Beautiful... the day did not disappoint!

Can't decide which way to go???



Grant caught a sea horse! I saw him desperately waving me into the water asking for a bucket....he didn't want to say "I got a sea hose" real loud because there are folks out there who are always worried we are gonna "kill" the ocean life.We did throw it back in after enjoying it a bit... 

My girlie and me


In the evening we had a potluck supper with our church family-the guys cooked.This pizza dip was Chip's  contribution.



PIZZA DIP
8 oz. Cream Cheese
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. Garlic powder

1/2 Small jar pizza sauce
Shredded Muenster cheese
 Sauteed green,red peppers,onions, jalapeno peppers
Cilantro to taste

Mix first 5 ingredients put in 9x9 pan.Bake at 350 for 25-20 min till hot.Sprinkle cheese,cilantro and vegetables on top return to oven till cheese is melted.serve with crackers or tortilla chips...YUMMO!  
Monday came and the rest of the week to follow...woo boy! The week overwhelms me ! But I got this encouragement on Sunday....

Christ in Me ~I in Christ.....It's the only way I can!



No comments: