Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Friends,Wisdom and Summertime

My day off...
It's been a good day although it started out a little rough.I met with a friend  she asked a very common question-"So, how are you?" My response came out all jerky and teary because I was trying to be strong and not cry but you know how it is when a good friend asks that question....! Needless to say I fell apart and the truth of how I was came out.We had a healing conversation about what was troubling me, it was so good to just get it off my chest ,she had encouraging words.We moved on to other subjects enjoying our coffee....friends are wonderful!
Most importantly,
Before I met with her I had met with another friend and HE reminded me of this ;
Proverbs2:1-11

1. "My son,(Caroline) "if you accept my words
   and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
   and applying your heart to understanding,
3 and if you call out for insight
   and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
   and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
   and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom,
   and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds victory in store for the upright,
   he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
   and protects the way of his faithful ones. 9 Then you will understand what is right and just
   and fair—every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
   and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you,
   and understanding will guard you."


 .God is real -HE met me there at Pastry Art in that comfy chair...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rest of the day went MUCH better!

  • A  stop at GOODWILL, (makes any day fun!)
  • Grocery store(savings,savings,savings=satisfaction!)
  • Put make ahead suppers in the freezer
  • Baked home-made Granola
  • A walk/run with my boys on the man made hill close to our house


Summer is here?
I question that.
Because,
1.It's Florida and
2. It's May (actually,the middle if May)
This weather is UNBELIEVABLE! This evening sitting around a fire on the patio would not have been too warm. A beautiful breeze and wonderful lighting made sitting outside perfect.(I guess June 21st id the OFFICIAL first day of summer)



Even with the previous questioning of whether summer is actually here , I have tried a few "summer-y" recipes already ...

Fresh peaches

Salads with strawberries and home made  Celery seed dressing

The ultimate summer food! 

Sticky bun sandwiches...simple easy and fast! I chose to use a loaf  here instead of little rolls...it was YUMMY and dripping with delicious!

 May I suggest? If you live here in Sarasota,the most "delicious-est" bread to use is our fresh breads at Detwilers Farm Market ...Freshly made every day!




Preview(without the view) of my next post: Our weekend at West Palm Beach (waiting for pictures in my inbox)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Caroline, I love your pictures they are pretty and yummy looking
:0) Sounds like a nice day.
~Blessings~
Jen

Anonymous said...

I love your blog...please keep posting so I can have lots of "glimpses" into your life. I'm gonna need to make that sandwich for my family. -Carol