Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

What is Mother's day to me? I totally enjoy this day to the fullest! It always lands on Sunday of course so that means my family is together.No one is at school or at work.I can be lazy and not have to organize anything! Although It's hard for me to keep my fingers out of stuff and try to help.
We head off to church and generally there is a sermon on mother's and usually it is about all that we do and the respect and love we should get from our families.I have been thinking about this and wondering if maybe I needed more of a sermon on how to be a better mom. A reminder of the fact that the respect I show him greatly affects my children's attitude towards Dad.Of how patience is always better than getting all fires up so quickly.
If it weren't for my children I would not be a mom(Obviously) so why do people look at children as an extra work load? Sure they cause more laundry,they make life more expensive, my freedom was more limited, but the joy they bring totally outweighs all that! I want their respect.I want their love. I want them to think I know how to have fun.But who teaches these children of mine to respect,to love and to appreciate their mom? ME! I try to teach my kids that life and family takes working together.That a family doesn't work by any part of us sitting by getting stuff handed to us.We are a unit,each separate but yet together we get things accomplished!
My children are not little anymore! Island park is a favorite spot of mine .That's where we are taking a picnic today.It makes me happy.They are willingly going along but not with the glee that they used to.:) it's fun to watch them change but some of those fun things that I think still ought to be fun ,they are rather bored...*sigh* life goes on.

I love Mother's day! I thank God for my husband and the 3 great kids I have with him...God bless them all for putting up with me!

No comments: