Thursday, April 21, 2011

Favorite Things




Here's to honesty!~The pile of "to go to goodwill" that I left lying on the floor when I decided to start my list

Newly organized shelf!


~Crocheted flowers made by my late grandma~ Thinking about adding them to the purse below,I saw some much more expensive purses like this at a store with the flowers added..???


Goodwill find - I was pretty delighted! Not the name brand "The Sak" but pretty close!

So feminine! The "pearl" earrings I found at an outlet store a few
dollars-fun find! 

Hats, lace,scarves and silver jewelry. I found the off white lace blouse at Bueall's  outlet- so happy!

*sigh* -makes me wanna dress up to go out!


Not listed on my actual list(pardon the over-use of the word list!) This is my new favorite yummy scent-Not floral at all which I cannot do-a hint of yummy and a lot of romantic!


BOOKS!- LOVE! On my new bookshelf that Chip created-

The children's instruments minus Grant's HUMUNG-O drum set.Our "living room" has been changed to a music/library room-it makes our house ..."HOME"!

A sign of encouragement made by yours truly. It hangs in my kitchen. Note that the green checked wallpaper is NOT on my list of decor favorites!

The cooperative flowers-flowers work pretty well for me when I remember to give them water...:)


Now for the actual lists....
Summertime fashion favorites:

  • Silver jewelry- hoop earrings
  • Big stud pearl earrings
  • Lace
  • Neutral colors (Especially crisp white)
  •  "Airy” scarves matched with sleeveless tops
  • Hats- LOVE LOVE LOVE!
  • Sundresses(of course!)
  • Shorts matched with loose comfortable tops
  • Sequined sandals
  • Crocheted stuff- picky here about the style but I’ve seen a few things that would definitely make this list!
  • Flowers in hair-still haven’t decided if 40 is too old for this trend???

Places:

  • Beach (absolute favorite!) 
  • North Carolina mountains-IF I ever get there again!
  • John Ringling Bridge park (for lack of formal park name) 
  • Pastry Art with girlfriends  
  • Restaurants with outdoor seating , namely- The Hub, Station 400, L.K. Old Salty Dog , Rotten Ralphs, Café on the Beach…only to name a few!
  • My patio -I had a picture,not sure where it went!
  • Goodwill - seriously, I can find such fun stuff there and without the guilt of spending so much! Plus the 5$ off coupon is a great bonus!
Quotes from:

  • A.W. Tozer
  • Frederick Buechner
  • C.S. Lewis

 Decor:
  • Anything Vintage
  • White-although this is not reflected in my house. I LOVE all white!
  • Painted wall signs
  • Stringed lights on a patio
  • Comfy patio chairs(on my wish list)
Other favorites:
  • Hearing my children play music or singing 
  • Lingering at the table after supper is over - family time! 
  • Lazy mornings 
  • Saturdays with no plans 
  • Sunday afternoons 
  • Kari Jobe worship music 
  • Random Conversations  
  • The book of Philippians 
  • Books-all kinds of books
  • Flowers that cooperate and bloom after I buy and plant them


There you go…it’s been fun to think about this list and get it together! I could have gone on but ...

 Below is a a sample of quotes from the writings of the three gentlemen from my list . I have learned that I have a hard time focusing on some of the deep style of their writing ,but bits and pieces pulled from their books give me plenty to think about!

"What we hunger for perhaps more than anything else is to be known in our full humanness, and yet that is often just what we also fear more than anything else. It is important to tell at least from time to time the secret of who we truly and fully are . . . because otherwise we run the risk of losing track of who we truly and fully are and little by little come to accept instead the highly edited version which we put forth in hope that the world will find it more acceptable than the real thing. It is important to tell our secrets too because it makes it easier . . . for other people to tell us a secret or two of their own . . . "



— Frederick Buechner (Telling Secrets)




"I can safely say, on the authority of all that is revealed in the Word of God, that any man or woman on this earth who is bored and turned off by worship is not ready for heaven."



— A.W. Tozer


"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."



— C.S. Lewis (Mere Christianity







No comments: