Monday, March 7, 2011

Finding Joy

The "Makers of Maxwell House" made me happy today!~There was a chill in the air , this comfort drink was wonderful -a sweet and creamy latte with a hint of cinnamon! Perfect!
                                                           CAFE VIENNA


Springtime in Florida brings beauty! I must admit the orange blossoms are beautiful even tho the scent is bad for our allergies. I know the blossom produces those juicy oranges ...

                                               LOVE CITRUS!



Bougainvilleas and azaleas in bloom-



  The weather is simply beautiful this time of the year! It's been chilly in the mornings and evenings yet even though it's March-this thrills me to pieces! Last evening we had friends over and sat around a fire on the patio.Talked about life,laughed, shared insight on  scripture- it was a great time.Too bad the clock kept ticking the night hours away, closer and closer to Monday morning and the demands of school and work.*sigh*

  Sunday evening was a wonderful time ,than this morning I woke up with a headache! Ugh! I blame it on allergies....you know orange blossoms and pollen.In the midst of the headache and drippy nose my mind kept returning to yesterday's sermon. We were challenged to "count it all joy" .

"... when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." James 1(NLT )

On an average Monday morning when my "troubles" are what they are -as in a headache due to allergies,trying to figure out couponing but getting frustrated instead, having to go pick up my girlie at school because she's not feeling well,the electric going off ,you get what I mean-the normal glitches in a day.Can I really call these "troubles" or are they just bothersome? Really, it's not persecution,death,chronic illness or anything like that.But yet- I can allow them to steal my joy.If I persevere and keep my thoughts captive ,turn these moments of frustration into moments of directing my mind to God I will grow in my faith.That's what James said-right? It makes this scripture practical and applicable to me.I have a choice to make.

 I really want to add this spring picture, (the fuzzy stuff hanging here is the  pollen)...I will tell myself "pollen on trees means life" -soon the season will be over and the trees will shade us again this summer!







No comments: