Friday, January 14, 2011

simply ...living as a Christian should

I've  been thinking the last few days about getting back to simplicity in being a Christian. Just that phrase alone, can make a person think "what do you mean by that?" I guess I sometimes weary of how difficult I make the simple thing of  being a christian girl,-let's start with prayer- it's talking to God. It's confession.It's telling God about our feelings-about Him,about life,and those situations around us.It's thanksgiving.We are come boldly right? So, let's do it!

 The Bible.Read it! Sounds so simple but yet I make it into a difficult "to do" list.Scripture is so full of direction-but yet I often turn to the christian "self help" section of the local book store  when I get into a cramp about a situation or something...I by no means am saying those are wrong ,they have been a huge help in my life,it's just that it somehow seems wrong when I turn to those first.
The first and greatest commandment is ;

"Love the Lord your God".

Exactly and simply that- LOVE.

Who couldn't love the ONE who has given so much?

Next, it's...

Love your neighbor

How many discussions can one have about that? Seriously! I need to quit beating a dead horse and act on it!
Another area I think about-
 The Holy Spirit in my life.  Directing,nudging,leading....but yet I ignore way too often!

So, there you go-getting back to simply being God's child.



1 comment:

Emily Campbell said...

Amen, amen, amen!