Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shaving Yaks

That is exactly what I have been doing...Shaving yaks.If you have never heard of the term let me tell you how I heard it than what the actual meaning of it is.
I first heard it in a sermon.That sermon has stuck with me -probably because I am an avid yak shaver.This is what it is; "yak shaving is what you are doing when you're doing some
stupid, fiddly little task that bears no obvious relationship to what
you're supposed to be working on, but yet a chain of twelve causal
relations links what you're doing to the original meta-task.",(http://projects.csail.mit.edu/gsb/old-archive/gsb-archive/gsb2000-02-11.html )


Yes, for instance this blog-posts far and few between -that tells you a lot.O it's been on my mind.I have several times logged in but always get distracted by finding reasons to research something ,or edit what I did write and guess what?
in a Bible study  I read in Exodus 14:15-16 that God told Moses to "Tell the Israelites to "MOVE ON". I believe when those words were written all those years ago God thought about me.


No comments: