Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer and refreshment

Summertime is here. School is closed and what a great time to make fantastic family memories. The season brings longer days so we can enjoy vacations, cookouts, picnics or beach outings. Often these activities are taken as a means of rest from a busy schedule . Of course, this time of year also brings higher temperatures and humidity. The other day while in a grocery isle I noticed that magazine covers are focusing on “summertime” recipes to help keep us cool. I remember as a little girl watching my dad mow lawn on these hot, summer Florida days. Often I would fix ice cold water and take it out to him. Right there he would stop the mower, take the glass ,tip his head back and completely drain it of the thirst-quenching liquid .I also remember being the little girl who was watching her daddy enjoy that “gift” of refreshment. It perfectly delighted me. So, now that I have your thoughts on hot days and refreshments, let me remind you that Jesus wants us to enjoy his gifts in our lives. Not only does he prepare these gifts for us ,but he stands by, waiting for us to enjoy them to the last drop. It perfectly delights him too. Take the time to stop whatever is consuming your time and enjoy Jesus with complete abandonment! John 1:16”We all live off his generous bounty, gift after gift after gift.” Psalm 23:2-3 “He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.”

Written for "life Talk with Caroline "


No comments: