Monday, June 22, 2009

Our Main St. market

On Saturday morning I gave my mom a call and we decided to enjoy a local activity that happens every Saturday in town but we never make use of it! The City closes down part of a street in Downtown Sarasota and people set up shop to sell baked goods, fruits, vegetables and locally hand-made crafts. It's an exiting place to fill part of your Saturday.I like it too because it's close to "Pastry Art"; a delightful coffee shop that has been chosen "Sarasota's Best".You can believe it because of the amount of folks that frequent it. I actually enjoy it more on week-day mornings when it is a bit more quiet.I purchased some yummy smoked cheddar cheese,vegetables and a cranberry/orange muffin. mmmm...mmmm! I also thought I would try something new ...mini bananas. I took a bite and was not impressed!It completely dried out my mouth.I was so glad to have water on hand! I swished and swished the water in my mouth but it was still an awful feeling in my mouth. I went back to the stand and the lady said she would gladly give my money back but than explained to me that I needed to wait till the bananas turned brown-ish. So, now they are sitting ,ripening ion my counter waiting to be ready to eat! Hopefully I will enjoy the 2nd try better.:)



Proverbs 18:20 (The Message)
" Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach;
good talk is as gratifying as a good harvest."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally found your blog Caroline!! love it!! I have not been to the market downtown yet, I will definately have to check it out!! Have a good one !
Love, Tonya