Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Resolutions - Better Late than Never...

It's Tuesday.
One week exactly from the first day of the year 2013.
I get up at 5 am after getting 8 hours of rest & begin journaling ,spilling my heart and it's feelings (because I know now exactly how to put them in words) all over the pages.I pray without my thoughts straying. I remain totally focused while sipping a healthy green tea instead of caffeine laden coffee.I drink 8 glasses of distilled water a day,run 4 miles without huffing and puffing.As the day goes on I check  items off my to-do list (that was made the evening before). My lunch plate holds a healthy salad with exactly 1 oz. of lean meat( if hummus isn't available). I quit the habit of procrastination .I don't snap at my children anymore and always,always greet my husband at the door with a hug and a kiss plus a smile and a cold glass of water.

You know  -that is so far from the truth!

This morning as I was driving home from dropping my youngest off at school I actually thought about this whole thing a bit.
I love New years.
I love the idea of new beginnings.
Somehow this year I feel as though I missed it.
I feel at loose ends.
I wish I could take my thoughts & my ideas that swirl around in my head ,sort them out and neatly put them on a pile. When I need them I could go to that pile and make use of the "organized thought".
I don't think it works that way.At least not in my brain.I have a mind that seriously can be thinking about a dozen things at once.So,while I haven't decided about the one thought yet I'm off to the next!
So, this year with all the areas I've been trying to sort out in my mind I haven't settled on any one thing to work on .You know put it on my "resolutions" list.
*sigh*
I feel a bit "Charlie Brownish" .
My sentiments exactly!


Things I do have on a "know for sure" pile and can back to;
God is still the same God he was in 2012.
I still have the same faith I had in 2012.
I love my family.
I love people.
I am loved.
(Although I have to remind my self and allow it to be released in me) I still have peace in the midst of all my thinking and unorganized thoughts.

Actually,I am learning to write down some of these thoughts because I know that I will forget them and try desperately to remember exactly what it was that I was processing.

Whoo boy-am I normal?
I read this back to myself and I wonder if maybe I should just put this in a VERY private journal because it sounds like a rather strange person!

So here I am one week late with my RESOLUTION list;

1.Spend QUALITY time with God not only merely reading the Bible but having dialogue with God.
(Shutting up long enough so he has a chance to speak! )I have been working on this for a while so this is a continuation of that.
2.Being a "Go Giver" in my work and my daily walk. -Wondering what that is? Ask me I would love to tell you! (It's one of those 1 million thoughts in my head that I have been sorting!)
3.Be a Grace Giver
4.Drink more water (seriously some days just drinking A glass of water is doing better than I was!)
5.Being more organized with my days
6. Exercise 
So, there you have it.Go ahead ask me sometime how I am doing! I would love it if you would.
If I look like I am deep in thought you may want to step away- although I do think I am normal!

Till next time,

No comments: