Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Appliance Alliance...

  
So here I sit at 


My dryer broke….. It started to make a horrible noise that sounded like I had  a tin can in the dryer with the laundry ...
 we suffered through it…closed the laundry door to block the horrific noise, the next step would have been ear plugs- On it’s final run we discovered black streaks on our clothes and a burn hole on a pair of shorts. In that event we decided until we find a new  used dryer we would have to visit the  ol’ laundromat.
 I found it funny that the place is called “Coin Laundry”.
Really?
 Literally?
Funny…my dryer sounded like it had a whole lotta coins rumbling around in it.:)
Oh- If you are wondering what the going cost is for a load of laundry- For every 25 cents you get 6 whole minutes of drying time (this was for a commercial size dryer).My cost?

This pile is 2 washer loads

dried in this humungo dryer was $1.00 for a grand total of 24 minutes....

My washer still works but probably not for long....it's day's are numbered!

 In case It's been awhile that you frequented a place like this ...some things never change! This one was
is very clean.
Those ugly yellow chairs.  I wonder-why are they connected? AND.. Remember to always take something along to do ,plenty of change, and COFFEE!


A must...soda machines


These soap machines...cutsie little boxes of soap that cost $$$.Wow  the price for that small amount of soap would make any coupon-er faint!

In case #1- you only have paper money....

in case #2- you forgot your own game thingy that is what?  300 times smaller....

LOVE vintage signs...I want one like this for my laundry room!
 OH YEAH...
To add to all of this…my dishwasher gave up the ghost last week too! It refuses to drain. I think my appliances formed an alliance(forgive my play on words here) and decided to all break down in one week. Wonder if there is anyplace one can take a pile of dishes and run a load through the dishwasher…funny thought! I could start one and call it a “Dish-o-mat”!   If I told you I was washing my clothes by hand because my washer broke you would wonder why I don’t load up my clothes and go to a Laundromat ,but never would we question washing dishes by hand….:)-just a thought...

That was yesterday....
Let me tell you what God did today...

Chip came home from work and said "Honey I got your Christmas present -Come and see!"
I followed him out the door and this is what was on the back of his truck...
not only a dishwasher but....

A washer AND a dryer...
I was in awe!
Chip did a demolition in a condo today and this was what he took out...
They by far are not the latest version ,front load or stainless steel but they are  CLEAN, barely used and given by God who knew last week when Habitat got the days mixed up for pick up that I , HIS CHILD was going to NEED this!
I still sit her amazed at this provision! it chokes me up and makes me cry...(wow!)

Just over the weekend I heard the old song "His eye is on the sparrow ,and I know He watches me..."
He proved it hugely this week...

 

4 comments:

svtoodles1 said...

Wow, what a wonderful story. It is awesome how he knows our every need.

svtoodles1 said...

Wow what a wonderful story.

Jen said...

God is Awesome!! I'm so happy for you. That is so true about those oh so cute lil' boxes of soap, I would walk to the store w/ my coupon binder in tow of course, and get a full size for less! Those olde signs are just so neat, I love them :0) Enjoy your new blessings!
~Jen~

Tammy Mast said...

God takes care of our every need:)